Are you considering vaping while you have a new tongue piercing? It’s an interesting question and one that is becoming more and more relevant as vaping becomes more popular. But is it safe to vape with a new tongue piercing? With so many myths and facts floating around, it can take time to know what to believe. In this article, we’ll take a look at the facts and myths surrounding vaping with a new tongue piercing, so you can make an informed decision about what’s best for you. We’ll explore the potential risks, the necessary precautions, and how to make sure your piercing heals properly. So read on to find out if you can vape with a new tongue piercing.
Can You Vape With A New Tongue Piercing?
Yes, you can vape with a new tongue piercing. However, you’ll want to avoid direct contact with the metal of the piercing as this could cause irritation or infection. You can also avoid swallowing any vape juice or smoke that comes into contact with your new piercing.
What Are The Risks Of Vaping With A New Tongue Piercing?
- Infection – If your tongue piercing becomes infected, it can cause pain and swelling. Not to worry, though – it’s totally normal and treatable! The first thing you should do is take your jewelry out and clean it with a saline solution. If that doesn’t work, seek medical help right away. You may need an antibiotic ointment or oral antibiotics to get rid of the infection for good.
- Inability to speak – If your tongue piercing causes you to lose your voice, it’s important to get it checked out by a doctor as soon as possible. This can be a sign of more serious problems, like a throat infection.
- Damaged jewelry – If your piercing becomes dislodged or damaged in any way, you’ll need to have it removed and replaced. This is especially important if the piercing is near your voice box or windpipe.
- Pain – If your tongue piercing is new and the metal is still fresh, it can cause a lot of pain when you move your tongue around. You may also experience difficulty breathing and swallowing.
- Scarring – If you’re not careful, your tongue piercing may scar and become difficult to see or feel. This can make it difficult to speak or eat properly.
- Swelling – If your tongue piercing becomes infected, you may experience swelling in the area around the piercing. This can make it difficult to breathe and swallow, and can also lead to fever and chills.
- Difficulty breathing – If your tongue piercing is near your windpipe, it can cause difficulty breathing. This is especially true if you’re using tobacco products or vape juice with high nicotine levels.
- Problems with speech – If your tongue piercing causes you to lose your voice, it may also affect your ability to speak properly. This can be a sign of more serious problems, like a throat infection.
- Difficulty chewing – If your tongue piercing interferes with your chewing ability, you may experience problems with food digestion and overall health.
- Serious side effects – If you’re not careful, vaping with a new tongue piercing can lead to serious side effects like speech problems, difficulty swallowing, infection, and more.
What Precautions Should You Take When Vaping With A New Tongue Piercing?
- Avoid direct contact with the metal of the piercing.
- Avoid swallowing any vape juice or smoke that comes into contact with your new piercing.
- Use a mouth guard when vaping if you’re prone to getting oral irritation from other foods or drinks.
- Take regular breaks from vaping to allow your tongue piercing to heal properly.
- Consult with a doctor if you experience any pain, swelling, or bleeding from your new piercing.
- Keep your new tongue piercing clean and dry.
- Avoid wearing necklaces or other tight clothing that could cause irritation or contact with the metal of your new piercing.
- Use a topical anesthetic such as lidocaine (Xylocaine) before undergoing any surgery, including a tongue piercing.
- Be sure to ask your doctor or piercer about the best way to care for your new piercing, including how often to clean it and what type of protection to use if you’re going to be vaping with it.
- Never use a piercing gun or any other methods that could cause excessive pain or bleeding.
Is It Safe To Vape With A Healing Tongue Piercing?
- It is safe to vape with a healing tongue piercing. However, you’ll want to avoid direct contact with the piercing metal as this could cause irritation or infection. You can also avoid swallowing any vape juice or smoke that comes into contact with your new piercing
- Tongue piercings are generally considered safe to have, and there is no evidence that they pose any health risks when used in moderation. However, you should always consult with your piercer if you have any concerns about your piercing’s safety
- If you do experience any issues with your tongue piercing, such as irritation or infection, please consult a piercer for help. They will be able to advise you on the best course of action
- Tongue piercings can take up to six weeks to heal completely. In the meantime, you may experience some discomfort and swelling. Please consult your piercer for advice on how to manage these symptoms
- Be sure to keep your tongue piercing clean and dry. This will help to prevent any build-up of bacteria or infection.
- If you experience any problems with your tongue piercing, such as difficulty swallowing or breathing, please consult a doctor. They may be able to provide you with advice on how to manage your symptoms
- Tongue piercings are a popular piercing, and there is a good chance that you will find someone who has had one done already. If this is the case, feel free to ask them any questions that you may have about the piercing process
- Be aware that tongue piercings can vary in size and shape. This means that they may look different from one person to the next. It’s important to consult with your piercer before getting your piercing done in order to ensure that the design chosen is suitable for your individual anatomy
- Finally, be sure to keep your tongue pierced, clean and dry at all times in order to prevent it from becoming infected.
- Finally, be sure to consult with your piercer before getting your tongue pierced in order to ensure that the design chosen is suitable for your individual anatomy.
There are a few risks associated with vaping while your tongue piercing is healing. The first is the risk of an infection, which is higher if you vape. The second is the risk of damage to the wound, which is higher if you vape at a high temperature. Therefore, it is not safe to vape with a new tongue piercing. There are a couple of precautions you should take when vaping with a new tongue piercing, such as avoiding inhaling the warm air and avoiding putting pressure on your tongue piercing. There are a few steps you can take to make sure your tongue piercing heals properly, such as keeping the wound area clean, avoiding brushing your tongue piercing, and considering using a mouthwash that contains alcohol.