Sideburns have been a popular facial hair style for men since the 1960s, and the look continues to be a trendy choice among men of all ages. The question remains, however, can sideburns grow back if you’ve been sporting a clean-shaven look for a while? The answer is yes—sideburns can grow back. The process may take some time, but there are a few things you can do to speed up the growth process. With the right care and maintenance, you can have a full set of sideburns in no time. In this article, we’ll discuss how to speed up the growth of your sideburns, the benefits of having sideburns, and why you should consider growing them back. So if you’ve been wondering how to get your sideburns back, you’ve come to the right place!
Do Sideburns Grow Back?
Short answer, Yes. Sideburns will grow back if you shave them off. The longer answer, the regrowth cycle of sideburns is different from other facial hair and can take anywhere from 2-6 months to start growing back. A healthy hair growth cycle will be between 21-72 days.
How To Trim Sideburns?
Gather the Right Tools
Before we get into the actual trimming process, let’s first talk about the tools we need to get the job done. Sideburn trimmers are the best tool for the job. They’ll give you the control you need, and you can get everything from very short to a little longer. Since your sideburns will be on your face, you don’t want to use clippers that are used for hair on your head. Those tools will be too aggressive for facial hair and could cause some irritation. Instead, look for sideburn trimmers that are designed for facial hair. They’ll have smaller blades and be a lot gentler. A good pair of sharp scissors is also helpful for getting the right length. There are also scissor-like sideburn trimmers that can be helpful since they give the same kind of control as scissors without the extra effort.
Prepare Your Sideburns
Before you start trimming, you’ll want to prepare your sideburns. The best way to do this is by using a comb to section off your sideburns. Start at the ear and then comb down towards your cheek. Then repeat on the other side. Once you have your sideburns sectioned off, you’ll want to make sure the area is clean. You don’t want to be cutting hair that’s covered in dirt, oil, or grime. So be sure to wash your hands and your sideburns before starting. Next, you’ll want to section off the rest of your hair. You want to make sure you’re only cutting your sideburns, so you’ll want to section off the rest of your hair, so you don’t accidentally cut it. You can do this with an elastic hair tie or any type of hair clip that works for your hair type.
Trim Your Sideburns
Now that your sideburns are clean and ready to go, you’re ready to start cutting. If you’re using scissors, then you want to comb your hair back towards the sideburns before you start cutting. This will give you a clean-cut edge. When you’re using sideburn trimmers, you want to make sure the guard is positioned between your ear and your eye. It’s very important that you don’t go lower than this. If you do, you could end up with a shaved line, which isn’t what we’re going for with sideburns. Once you’re ready to start cutting, make sure you’re using a slow and steady motion. You don’t want to go too fast, or you could end up with a jagged cut. You’ll also want to make sure you start at the bottom of your hair and slowly move up toward the top.
Style Your Sideburns
Now that you have your desired length, it’s time to style your sideburns. The best way to do this is by applying a small amount of pomade to your hands and then carefully applying it to your sideburns. Be sure to use a small amount of product. Otherwise, it could get messy. Once you have the pomade evenly distributed, you can use your fingers to carefully style your sideburns. Or you can use a comb to get a little more defined styling.
Maintain Your Sideburns
As with all your other hairstyles, you want to maintain your sideburns with the proper products and tools. The best way to do this is by using a good sideburn razor. If you don’t use one, your sideburns will likely grow too fast and become unkempt. If you have thick hair, then you’ll probably need to shave your sideburns every other day to keep them looking fresh. If you have thinner hair, you can probably get away with shaving every day. Once you’ve got your sideburns where you want them, you’ll want to keep them there. The best way to do this is by using a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. You’ll also want to make sure you’re using a quality leave-in conditioner to help your sideburns stay healthy and hydrated.
Recommended Products For Sideburns
- Now that we’ve discussed how to speed up the growth of your sideburns and maintain their health let’s take a look at some recommended products for sideburns.
- If you’ve recently grown out your sideburns and find that your hair is coming in patchy and uneven, you may want to try a hair growth product.
- A good product to try is a hair growth serum like the Hair Regeneration Cream. A hair growth serum can help hair grow thicker, longer, and more evenly, and it’s great for both men and women.
- Another product you may want to try is a hair-strengthening shampoo like the Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Shampoo, which has been dermatologist-tested.
- A hair-strengthening shampoo is great for those who use a lot of styling products and heat on their hair.
Popular Sideburn Styles
- When growing out your sideburns, you can decide how long you want them and how you want them to look. There are a few popular sideburn styles that are easy to maintain and can be styled in a variety of ways.
- A short sideburn: If you’ve only got a little bit of growth and you want to keep it that way, you can have a short sideburn.
- A short sideburn will stop about halfway down your ear. A mid-length sideburn: If you are growing out your sideburns, you can have them grow longer and more full, stopping a few inches above your ear.
- A long sideburn: This is perfect for those who want a full sideburn that looks natural and is easy to maintain.
Common Mistakes To Avoid When Growing Sideburns
- This goes for both your hair and face products. Using products that are too harsh or that don’t match your hair type can damage your hair and make your skin dry and itchy.
- This can cause irritation and breakouts, not to mention make it harder to maintain healthy hair. Always choose products that are made for your hair type.
- Not moisturizing: As we’ve mentioned, growing out sideburns can be tough on your hair and skin. Make sure to moisturize your skin regularly and apply a hydrating hair mask a few times a month to keep your hair healthy and strong.
- Not taking care of your skin: Your face is the first thing people notice when they meet you, so it’s important to take care of it. Make sure to cleanse your face regularly and use sunscreen daily.
Benefits Of Having Sideburns
- There are numerous benefits to having sideburns, and they can suit a lot of different face and hair types. For starters, sideburns can make your face appear more masculine and older, which is why they are a popular choice among older men.
- They can also make your face appear wider, which can look good on men with thinner faces. Sideburns also help frame your face, which can draw attention to your lips and eyes, especially if you have a smaller face.
- They can also help divert attention away from features you may not like, like a long or crooked nose. Additionally, sideburns are fairly easy to maintain and style.
- You can have them groomed to the length you prefer, and you can style them in many different ways.
Tips For Speeding Up The Growth Of Sideburns
- If you’ve been wondering how to get your sideburns back, there are a few things you can do to speed up the growth process. First, when you’ve decided that you want to start growing sideburns again, make sure you have a clean face.
- A clean face will allow the hair to grow healthily and evenly. It can also help prevent ingrown hairs and acne. In terms of diet, you should definitely be eating a balanced diet, with lots of fruits and vegetables, to get all of the essential vitamins and nutrients that your hair needs to grow healthily.
- In addition, exercise can enhance blood flow, which can help the hair grow faster. You don’t need to be super rigorous with your exercise routine, though. A 30-minute walk each day can help speed up the process.
So, if you want to grow your sideburns out, what should you do? You can try a hair growth serum or a hair growth shampoo. If you use a lot of styling products and heat your hair, then consider using a hair-strengthening shampoo. There are also many different ways to trim sideburns. If you’re not sure how to go about growing them out or trimming them, talk with your doctor about it first. By talking with your doctor about how to grow out your sideburns, you can make sure that they will look great and healthy!