The plummeting temperatures, biting winds, and frosty mornings can leave you feeling like an Arctic explorer. How do you stay warm, chic, and comfortable when the thermometer plunges? Read on for the ultimate how-to guide to dressing for 30-degree weather. If you’ve ever experienced a particularly chilly day in the depths of winter, you’ll know that keeping warm whilst looking stylish can be a real challenge. It can feel as though no outfit is sufficiently woolly, super-warm, or fitted enough to keep out the cold. Don’t let autumn and winter take away your style game! Here are some tips on how to dress for 30-degree weather so you feel ready to face whatever this chilly season throws at you.
How To Dress For 30-Degree Weather?
Dressing for 30-degree weather can be tricky. If you are going to wear a coat, make sure that it is long enough to cover your legs. You don’t want to have to layer up with pants or leggings, so make sure that the coat you bring covers your legs. A hat and gloves are also necessary for 30-degree weather. Here are some of the most important Clothing items for 30-degree Weather:
- Waterproof Jacket: A waterproof jacket is a must if you live in an area that has cold, snowy winters. It will keep you dry even if it’s snowing and raining outside. Make sure that it’s waterproof and not just water resistant. Look for jackets with elastic sleeves so they don’t ride up as you walk or run and cause drafts to blow up under your coat sleeves into your armpits which can be very uncomfortable on cold days.
- Thermal Pants: If you wear jeans in winter, make sure they are thermal, not just denim. The same goes for leggings, tights, and leggings. Look for a pair that is made out of a high-quality thermal material that is thick enough to trap heat and keep it from escaping out through the fabric.
- Mittens: Mittens are better than gloves because they keep your hands warmer because there is less surface area exposed to the cold air as opposed to gloves which have fingers that are exposed. You don’t really need gloves unless it’s really windy or you’re going to be doing something like shoveling snow or doing yard work in the 30-degree weather.
- Scarf: A scarf will help keep you warm if you wear it around your neck and tuck it into your shirt or coat so that no skin is showing between the top of your coat and the edge of your scarf. It will also help keep you warm by keeping drafts from blowing up under your coat and into your collar.
- Hat: A hat is a must when it comes to winter weather. It will keep you warm by covering your ears and protecting them from the cold wind. Make sure that it’s a quality hat that isn’t too thin or it won’t keep you warm. Look for a hat made out of wool or another warm material, and make sure that it’s not too loose or it will blow off easily in the wind.
- Gloves: Gloves are important in 30-degree weather because they protect your hands from the cold air, snow, ice, and other elements in the wintertime. Look for gloves made out of wool or another type of thick material if you’re going to be outside for an extended period of time in 30-degree weather, otherwise, just look for a pair of regular cotton gloves if you’re only going to be outside for a few minutes at a time.
- Waterproof Boots/Shoes: Shoes will just blow right off your head when you go outside into the wind.
- Socks: Don’t forget to bring socks to keep your feet warm. Wool or wool blend socks are the best because they wick moisture away from your skin and keep them dry. You can also wear two pairs of socks on really cold days if you need extra warmth.
- Winter Boots: If you’re going to be doing a lot of winter activities like snowshoeing, skiing, or hiking through the woods, make sure that you bring winter boots that are specifically made for these activities and also make sure they have good traction so that you don’t slip and slide all over the place on the ice and snow. If all you’re going to be doing is walking around town, regular winter boots will work just fine. Just make sure they have some kind of traction on the bottom so that you don’t slip when it’s icy outside.
- Gloves: Gloves are great for keeping your hands warm and protecting them from the cold wind. If you do a lot of walking in the 30-degree weather, it’s a good idea to get a pair of gloves with silicone grips on the palms and fingers so that you can still text or use your phone without having to take them off.
The Best Outfits For 30-Degree Weather
1. The Minimalist
I can’t think of anything more comfortable than a flannel shirt and a pair of jeans. In this weather, I feel like I’m wearing pajamas outside.
2. The Hipster
It’s not easy to pull off the hipster look, but it’s certainly possible with the right accessories. A fedora is an absolute must for me in 30-degree weather, as it will keep my head warm and make me look cool at the same time.
3. The Athlete
This one is pretty self-explanatory: just wear your workout clothes! If you want to be extra nice to your body in 30-degree weather, you can throw on a thick sweater or sweatshirt over your tank top and shorts.
4. The 90s Kid
If you’re a fan of the 90s, you’ll love this look. I’ve always loved the grunge style, so this was a no-brainer for me. I also love my Doc Martens, which will keep my feet warm all winter long!
5. The Glamour Puss
This look is perfect for when you have to go out in 30-degree weather and need to look good while doing it. A fur coat is necessary, as well as a nice pair of heels and some beautiful jewelry.
6. The Minimalist (Again)
I can’t say enough about how great flannel shirts and jeans are in 30-degree weather! They’re so comfortable and are definitely the most versatile outfits for this weather that I own.
7. The Lumberjack
I live in Wisconsin, so it’s no surprise that I would choose to dress like a lumberjack in 30-degree weather! A flannel shirt, a thick pair of jeans, and some boots are all you need!
8. The Athlete (Again)
Wear your workout clothes again and add a warm hat to the mix! This is perfect for when you’re running errands or going out in 30-degree weather and want to be comfortable.
9. The Fashionista
I’m not really into the whole “fashion” thing, but I do love nice things. This outfit is perfect for me because it’s both fashionable and warm. A leather jacket is absolutely necessary for 30-degree weather, as well as a nice scarf, to go around your neck. A pair of leggings also help keep you warm!pe keep you warm.
10. The Minimalist (Again)
I simply cannot get enough flannel shirts and jeans in 30-degree weather! I just love how comfortable they make me feel, and I know that I can wear them whenever I want to.
If you’re dressing for 30 degrees, your main focus should be on keeping warm. You can do this by choosing thick fabrics such as wool, cashmere, or faux fur. Try adding a thick knit jumper, a chunky sweater, or a woolly cardigan to any outfit for a quick and easy way to stay warm. You can also try layering up with thick leggings or a scarf. If you’re feeling particularly chilly, add a faux fur coat to your outfit for an extra boost of warmth. With these tips, you’ll be ready to face 30-degree weather with ease.