When using the Snapchat app, you may come across a grey arrow check from time to time. What does this mean? If you see this symbol, it likely means that your friend has seen your previous snap and is letting you know that they’ve done so. You can continue sending them snaps without worrying about annoying them with another one once you check the grey arrow check. Keep reading to learn more about what a grey arrow check on Snapchat means!
What Does Grey Arrow Check Mean On Snapchat?
What does it mean when you get a grey arrow check mark on your Snapchat story? It’s a little scary! I have gotten this message several times, and every time it makes me think that something has happened to my child. It’s not a good feeling. Here is what it means. When your child gets this message, they are in imminent danger of physical harm or death. This is an emergency alert that you need to contact the police immediately! If you don’t respond, they will die!
How To Check The Grey Arrow?
- The grey arrow appears in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- When you send a snap to a friend, you may see that the arrow has turned grey.
- If the arrow is black, it means that the recipient has not seen it yet. Once they have opened the snap, the arrow will turn blue, and your snap will remain blue until they finish viewing it.
- If the arrow is grey, it means that the recipient has already seen your snap. If you see that the arrow is grey and your snap’s color is blue, it means that they have already finished viewing your snap and are no longer able to see it again.
- When your friends receive a message from you on Snapchat, their Snapchat app opens up automatically in their web browser or on their mobile phone’s camera roll (if they have enabled this feature). This allows them to view each message individually within their own app or photos stored on their device will turn blue.
- If the arrow is grey, it means that the recipient has already seen the snap.
- If you see that the arrow is grey and the snap’s color is blue, it means that they have already seen the snap and finished viewing it.
- If the arrow is grey, it means that the recipient has already seen the snap and finished viewing it. The color of the snap will turn blue if the recipient has finished viewing it.
- On your Snapchat screen, tap your profile icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap “My Stories” in the drop-down menu that appears. This will open your friends’ stories on your screen for you to view them at any time! How to Delete Your Own Snap Story?
- On your Snapchat screen, tap “Your Story” in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap “Yes, delete my story.”
- Tap “Yes, delete my story.”
- Tap “Delete My Story” to confirm that you want to delete this story permanently from Snapchat’s servers How to View a Friend’s Snap Story
- On your Snapchat screen, tap “Your Story will turn blue, and the snap will remain blue until they finish viewing it. If the arrow is grey, it means that the recipient has already seen the snap.
Why Does The Arrow Turn Grey?
- When you are in the woods, and you walk through a tree, you will see the arrow turn grey.
- This is because the forest is so thick that it blocks all of the colors from your eyes.
- The reason why it turns grey is because of the density of trees and vines within the forest
- The thicker they are, the fewer colors they let through to your eyes, making them turn grey
- It’s like there’s a fog over everything, so you can’t see very clearly
- You may even be able to hear or smell things that are not there!
- If you look up into a tree with lots of leaves on it, and an arrow turns grey when you look at it from below (like looking at an upside-down bowl), then this means that something is wrong with your eyesight (many things can cause this). If instead, an arrow turns grey when you look at it from above (like looking at the top of a tree), then this means that something is wrong with your eyesight (many things can cause this).
- You are either in a very thick forest, or you have very weak eyesight.
- The reason why an arrow turns grey from below is that it has been blocked from your line of sight by something, which makes it hard for you to look at it properly.
- If you see an arrow turn grey when you are looking at the sky, then this means that there is a storm coming (this can be seen clearly in the sky at night). If instead, an arrow turns grey when you are looking down on the ground, then this means that there will be bad weather (this can be seen clearly on the ground during the day).
The arrow on a snap is the indicator of whether a friend has seen the snap or not. If the arrow is black, it means that your friend has not seen the snap, and if it is blue, it means that they have seen it. If the arrow is grey, it means that your friend has already seen the snap, and if it is red, it means that your friend has taken a screenshot of the snap. You can check whether a friend has viewed your recent snaps by going to their profile and tapping on their name. You can also stop receiving snaps with a grey arrow check by opening the app and going to the profile of the person who has been sending you snaps with the grey arrow.