Have you ever been scrolling through your Instagram feed and come across a post that you wanted to share with your friends in your Instagram Story? You click the icon to share the post, but nothing happens – and you don’t know why. This can be incredibly frustrating! Fortunately, troubleshooting why you can’t share a post to your Instagram Story is relatively simple. With a few easy steps, you can get your Instagram sharing back on track and make sure you’re able to share posts with your friends. In this article, we’ll explore the common reasons why you can’t share posts to your Instagram Story and how to troubleshoot them. So, if you’re having trouble sharing posts to your Instagram Story, read on to learn the simple steps you can take to get it working again!
Why Can’t I Share A Post To My Instagram Story?
- You may not have the Instagram Story feature enabled on your profile. To enable it, go to your profile settings and check the box next to “Enable Instagram Story.”
- You may not have the correct Instagram account linked to your Facebook account. If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can create one at www.instagram.com.
- You may not have posted the story in the right format. You must include the @username at the beginning of the post’s title and include a hashtag (#) for it to appear in your story feed. For example, if you’re posting about a restaurant, include “@restaurant” in the post’s title and use “#restaurant” as a hashtag.
- The photo or video you’re trying to share may not be appropriate for Instagram Stories. Stories are meant for shorter, more engaging content that captures a moment in time rather than a long-term photograph or video. If you’re sharing something that’s more static, like a picture from your day-to-day life, it probably won’t fit well into a story format and won’t be seen by as many people.
- Your account may not have been verified yet. To verify your account, go to www.instagram.com/accounts/verify and enter your phone number and email address. Once verified, your profile will be able to share more Stories with more people and will look more official in people’s feeds.
- Your phone might not be set up to use Instagram Stories properly. If you’re trying to share from an iPhone or iPad but getting an error message telling you that your phone doesn’t support Instagram Stories, try updating your app or turning on Bluetooth mode on your device before trying again.”
- You may not have enough followers to share your story. If you don’t have a large enough following, your story may not be seen by as many people.
- You may not have included the right hashtags in your post. If you’re trying to share a story that features a product or service, make sure to include the relevant hashtags in your post’s title and description. For example, if you’re sharing a story about going out to eat, include “#foodie” and “#restaurant” in your post’s title and description.
- Your account may be temporarily blocked from sharing stories. Instagram sometimes blocks certain accounts from sharing Stories for various reasons, including if the account is suspected of being spammy or if it’s been suspended by Facebook for other reasons. If you’re unable to share a story because of this reason, try restarting your phone or logging into your account again.
- You may not have enough storage on your phone to store the story. If you’re trying to share a long story and your phone is running out of storage space, try splitting it into two or shorter stories and sharing them separately so that each one can be stored on your phone without having to delete anything.”
How To Share Posts To Instagram Story
- Open your Instagram app and go to your profile. Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
- Under “Posts,” tap the story icon in the top right corner of a post.
- Select “Share to Story.”
- Add a caption and choose whether you want to include a sticker, emoji, or GIF.
- If you want to save the post for later, tap the “Save post” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the “Share” button on stories you follow to share them with them.
- If someone shares your story on their own account, they’ll get a notification and a link to open it in their own Instagram app.
- You can also share stories by pressing and holding on to a post, then selecting “Share to Story.”
- If you want to stop sharing a story, tap the “Stop sharing” button at the bottom of the screen.
- To see a list of all the stories you’ve shared with Story, go to your profile and tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
How To Share Posts To Instagram Story From Third-Party Apps
- This will bring up a menu of options, from which you should select the ‘Share’ icon. You can then choose where you want to share the post – you can select multiple platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram all at once, or choose just one. Once you’ve made your selection, click ‘Share’ and watch as your post spreads across the web! It’s a great feeling to see your content reach more and more people this way!
- You can also share posts from within third-party apps by clicking on the ‘Share’ button, and then selecting Instagram Story from the list of options. Again, you can select which platforms you want to share on Instagram Story and then hit ‘Share’.
- If you’re using a messaging app like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, you can also share posts by sending a direct message to someone. Just open up the post you want to share in your message thread, click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner and select ‘Instagram Story’. Then, choose where you want to share it – on Instagram Story or just on your profile on Facebook or WhatsApp.
- Finally, if you’re using a blogging platform like WordPress or Medium, you can easily share posts using the built-in sharing feature. Just click on the ‘Share’ button at the bottom of your post, and then select either Instagram Story or Twitter Direct Message from the list of options.
Tips For Troubleshooting When You Can’t Share Posts To Instagram Story
- If the post is visible to you, you can try clearing your cache and refreshing the page to see if that helps. If that still doesn’t work, then it’s a good idea to reach out to the account owner to ask if they can help. It could be that the post was shared incorrectly or restricted in some way. If they’re able to adjust the settings, then you should be able to share the post to your Instagram Story!
- If the post isn’t visible at all, that could mean that it’s been deleted or blocked by Instagram. In this case, you might want to reach out to the account owner and ask if they can unblock the post so that you can share it with your Story.
- If you’re still having trouble sharing posts to your Instagram Story, then it might be a good idea to check to see if your account is connected to Facebook. If you are, then Instagram might be blocking posts from Facebook in order to prevent competition between the two platforms. To fix this, you’ll need to disconnect your account from Facebook and try sharing the post again.
- Finally, if you’ve tried all of the above and you still can’t share the post to your Instagram Story, it might be a good idea to reach out to the account owner and ask for help.
If you’re having trouble sharing posts to your Instagram Story, there are a few things you can try. Clearing your cache and refreshing the page might help, and if that still doesn’t work, you can reach out to the account owner for assistance. If the post was shared incorrectly or restricted in some way, then they might be able to adjust the settings and you should be able to share it to your Story. If you’re still having trouble, consider connecting your account to Facebook and trying again. If you’ve tried all of the above and still can’t share the post, it might be a good idea to reach out to the account owner for help.