Gel nail polish is becoming more and more popular as time goes by. You can paint any type of nail polish on top of your gel base, gel top coat and gel manicure. The first thing to consider is the brand of your nail polish and its finish. Does it contain UV filters? If yes, it might react a bit differently with gel base coat than other brands or finishes. But we’re confident that after reading this article, you will find the perfect solution for your need.
Can You Put Regular Nail Polish Over A Gel Base Coat?
No, regular nail polish over gel base coat will not work. Gel base coat is designed to protect the nails from UV damage and the regular polish will just end up removing the gel base coat.
What Is A Gel Base Coat?
1.A gel base coat is a special nail polish that will help protect your nails from the harmful effects of UV rays.Gel base coat is made of several ingredients, including polymers, UV filters and special compounds that help it to bond to your nail plate. Gel base coats are generally transparent and glossy, but some brands have added color or glitter to them.
2.A gel top coat is an extra layer of protection for your nails after you have painted them with a regular color over the gel base coat. The goal of the top coat is to seal in the color and protect it so that it can last longer without fading or chipping away.
3.A gel manicure is a manicure that has been applied over top of a gel base coat, which has been applied over top of gel top coat. The result will be smooth, shiny nails without any chips or cracks for at least two weeks after application. This type of manicure can be used on all types of nails but it looks best on hard dry natural nails as opposed to soft natural fingernails.
4.The process for applying a gel manicure starts with soaking your natural fingernails in warm water for about five minutes. You should take care not to soak too long or you risk removing too much of the gel. After soaking, you should remove all of the excess water, and then gently massage your nails with a moisturizing cream or lotion. Then you should apply a thin coat of your preferred gel base coat over your nails. Let it dry for about 20 minutes before removing it with acetone polish remover
5.To remove gel manicure, start by washing all of the polish off with soap and warm water . You will want to avoid using nail polish remover as this can strip away too much of the gel coating from your nails. After washing all of the polish off, you can use a soft brush to buff away any remaining residue from your nails. You can also use an acetone remover to remove any remaining residue from your nails after rinsing them in warm water .
Why Do You Need A Gel Top Coat?
- Gel top coat is an important part of the gel manicure process. Gel top coat can also be used over regular polish or even natural nails if you wish to apply it over some extra protection.
- You can find gel top coats at most nail salons, beauty supply stores, and online retailers such as Amazon. Some brands will even offer free shipping if you order more than one bottle at once from their website because they ship them in bulk directly from their manufacturer.
- To remove the gel top coat, start by washing all of the polish off with soap and warm water. You will want to avoid using nail polish remover as this can strip away too much of the gel coating from your nails. After washing all of the polish off, you can use a soft brush to buff away any remaining residue from your nails. You can also use an acetone remover to remove any remaining residue from your nails after rinsing them in warm water .
- Gel nail polish is a type of nail polish that gives you long lasting, chip resistant color for up to two weeks. While other types of nail polish usually only last for about ten days, gel nail polish is designed to be extra durable so it lasts for a longer amount of time than a regular manicure and pedicure products.
- The process for applying a gel top coat starts with soaking your natural fingernails in warm water for about five minutes. You should take care not to soak too long or you risk removing too much of the gel coating from your nails. After soaking, you should gently massage your nails with a moisturizing cream or lotion. Then you should apply a
Tips And Tricks For Painting Gel Nail Polish
- Tips and Tricks for Painting regular nail polish over Gel base coat If you want to paint regular nail polish over Gel base coat, then we recommend that you apply one layer of regular nail polish first . Finally , apply two layers of UV Gel Top Coat.
- You should apply gel manicure every 2 weeks . This will ensure that the color does not fade too quickly from each application and that there is no extra staining from just one application of color. You can also apply the same color more than once if needed so long as it has been cured properly between applications (at least 20 minutes).
- You can wear gel nail polish for 2-3 weeks if you apply it at least every two weeks. However, you should take care to remove your gel manicure within 24 hours of application. If you wait longer than that and then go swimming or do any other activities that could cause the gel polish to chip, then it will become much harder to remove.
- You should apply a top coat over gel every two weeks. This will ensure that your nails do not chip within a short period of time ; that the color does not fade; and that your manicure lasts longer than a normal manicure would. If you want your gel manicure to last longer and not chip, then you should apply one coat of top coat over the gel every two weeks.
- Gel nail polish is much harder to remove than regular nail polish. Therefore, we recommend that you use a gel removal kit or a gel remover to help you remove it. If you do not have access to these products, then you can also use acetone polish removers such as acetone nail polish remover and acetone nail polish stripper.
- The UV LED lamp will cure the color of your gel manicure faster and prevent any staining that may occur which could lead to chipping or peeling of your nails. Without the lamp, it will take a lot more time for your nails to cure and they may even become discolored when cured. This is only if there are some areas that did not get cured at all by the UV LED. If there is peeling all over the surface area, it could also cause peeling.
We hope that this article has given you some useful information on the topic of whether you can put regular nail polish over gel base coat. We know that it can be a tricky topic, and we are confident that our guide has given you all the information you need. We want to remind you that you should always use a UV gel top coat when painting regular nail polish over gel nails.